You must have the original purchase receipt or bill of sale to make a warranty claim. No claim will be accepted unless proof of date of purchase is available at the time of making the warranty claim.
Ceiling fan warranty period
The ceiling fan itself, excluding the Remote Control Transmitter and Receiver, is covered by a 3 year in-home warranty unless stated otherwise in your jurisdiction (USA –30 year warranty on the motor). For any warranty claims, please contact your local or regional retailer or distributor. Aeratron Pty Ltd will, at its discretion, only repair or replace defective products which have been directly purchased from Aeratron Pty Ltd, all other product claims must be lodged through your local retailer/distributor. Labour and product delivery costs are borne by Aeratron Pty Ltd or the retailer during this 3 year period. The cost of obtaining or using special access equipment (scissor lifts, scaffolding etc.) is specifically excluded, and it is the responsibility of the owner to provide such equipment and have it safely installed and operated.
Remote control warranty period
In general, Aeratron Pty Ltd Remote Control Receivers and Transmitters (Handsets) are covered by a 1 year in-home warranty (unless stated otherwise in your jurisdiction) under the same conditions as described above for fans.
Balance of warranty on repaired or replaced products
Any replaced or repaired product is covered only by the balance of the warranty remaining on the original article.
Transfer of warranty
If the dwelling where the fan is installed changes hands, the balance of the warranty passes to the new owner, providing the original bill of sale for the product is retained by the new owner.
Warranty does not cover damage to the fan if it is moved from one dwelling to another during the warranty period. The warranty is voided in total if the product is sold as second hand goods.
The following is NOT covered by warranty:
- Any damage incurred after delivery to the owner that is not caused by a fault in the products materials or workmanship; damage from lightning or power surges; incorrect installation; damage due to incorrect installation; noise or other influence of ripple control or information access systems operated over power delivery infrastructure; water damage of any kind; installation or use outdoors; damage arising from connection to or use with alternative power systems (e.g. inverters, solar, etc.).
- Ceiling fans not installed by a licensed electrician.
- Repair of a ceiling fan used incorrectly, accidentally damaged, modified in any way or not serviced in accordance with the maintenance instructions.
- Travelling costs incurred by Aeratron Pty Ltd personnel or service agents and/or the cost of transporting and insuring the ceiling fan between the nearest Aeratron Pty Ltd agents' service depot and its normal location. These costs must be met by the purchaser.
- Subject to any statutory provisions to the contrary, claims for damage to furniture, carpet, walls, ceilings, foundations or any other consequential loss either directly or indirectly resulting from a faulty ceiling fan.
- Signals sent through the mains power supply by the electricity supplier for off peak hot water, and other signals including those for street lights and such. These signals may cause an intermittent humming in the ceiling fan. It is not the fault of the ceiling fan.
- A service call fee will be charged where; there is nothing wrong with the ceiling fan or; the defective operation of the ceiling fan is due to failure of electricity or; the installation is not in accordance with Aeratron Pty Ltd instructions and/or applicable local regulations or; the defects have been caused by incorrect application or abuse of the ceiling fan or; the damage has been caused by unauthorised persons attempting to repair the fan.
- When humidity is high and temperature drops moisture condenses on metal surfaces including ceiling fans. The layer of moisture can be almost microscopic but it will affect the surface by depositing a tiny layer of dissolved salts or airborne acidic compounds and thus eventually leading to corrosion if the product is not properly and regularly cleaned.
- Travelling costs incurred by Aeratron personnel or service agents exceeding 50kms between the nearest agents’ service depot and the customer. These costs must be met by the purchaser.
Making a claim
You must have the original purchase receipt or bill of sale along with a proof of installation by a Licensed Electrician to make a warranty claim. No claim will be accepted without these documents being provided.
Please contact the local agent via email (Aeratron Fans by Net Zero Energy Solutions Ltd).
Please note carefully - If the product is found to be free of defects or the product is not functioning properly as a result of faulty installation or lack of maintenance then Aeratron or its service agent reserve the right to charge a service fee to rectify the reported problem.